Standard Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Applicable Terms. These terms govern Seller's sale, and Buyer's purchase, of the products and/or services referred to in Seller’s proposal or quotation (collectively, the "Products"). The front page of Buyer’s purchase order (disregarding any reference to terms and conditions and any provisions that conflict herewith), if any, together with the description of the Products in Seller’s proposal or quotation and these terms and conditions comprise the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties (the “Agreement”) related to the purchase and sale of the Products. All prior communications, documents, negotiations and representations, if any, are merged herein. Whether these terms are included in an offer or an acceptance by Seller, such offer or acceptance is conditioned on Buyer's assent to these terms. Any additional, different or conflicting terms contained in Buyer's request for proposal, specifications, purchase order or any other written or oral communication from Buyer shall not be binding in any way on Seller, whether or not they would materially alter this document, and Seller hereby objects thereto. All orders are subject to prior credit approval by Seller.
- Pricing. The prices shall be as stated in Seller's proposal or order acknowledgment.
- Payment. Unless otherwise stated, all payments shall be net 30 days from invoice date payable in United States Dollars. If Buyer fails to make any payment to Seller when due, Buyer's entire account(s) with Seller will become immediately due and payable without notice or demand. Buyer will pay 1.5% interest per month, compounded monthly, on all amounts not received by the due date. Buyer hereby grants Seller a purchase money security interest in the Products until such time as Seller is fully paid. Buyer will assist Seller in taking action to perfect and protect Seller's security interest. Seller may make partial shipments, in which case, Buyer shall pay for each shipment in accordance with the terms hereof.
- Taxes, Shipping, Packing. Except to the extent expressly stated otherwise in these terms, prices do not include any freight, storage, insurance, taxes, excises, fees, duties or other government charges, and Buyer shall pay such amounts or reimburse Seller for any such amounts Seller pays. If Buyer claims a tax or other exemption or direct payment permit, it shall provide Seller with a valid exemption certificate or permit and indemnify, defend and hold Seller harmless from any taxes, costs, and penalties arising out of same. Prices include the costs of Seller's standard domestic packing only. Any deviation from standard packing (domestic or export) shall result in extra charges. Any and all increases, changes, adjustments, or surcharges (including fuel surcharges) which may arise in connection with the freight charges, rates or classification included as part of these terms, shall be for the Buyer’s account.
- Delivery. Products shall be delivered F.O.B. Seller's point of shipment. All delivery dates are estimated and are dependent in part upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from Buyer, including submittal approvals, if applicable, and all required commercial documentation. Seller will make a good faith effort to complete delivery of the Products on the date and to the location specified in writing by Buyer, but Seller assumes no liability for loss or damage due to delay or inability to deliver, whether or not such loss or damage was made known to Seller. If Buyer causes or requests a shipment delay, or if Seller ships or delivers the Products erroneously as a result of inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information supplied by Buyer or its agents or representatives, storage and all other additional costs and risks will be borne solely by Buyer. Any claims for Products damaged or lost in transit (“Transit Losses”) must be made by Buyer to the carrier and reported to Seller within one business day following delivery to Buyer.
- Inspection and Acceptance. Buyer will have seven days from the date Buyer receives any Products to inspect such Products for defects and nonconformance which are not due to Transit Losses, and to notify Seller, in writing, of any defects, nonconformance or rejection of such Products. After such seven-day period, Buyer will be deemed to have irrevocably accepted the Products, if not previously accepted. After such acceptance, Buyer will have no right to reject or revoke acceptance of the Products for any reason.
- Returns and Cancellation. Buyer may not return custom engineered Products. Buyer may return other Products only with Seller’s prior written approval, which may be withheld in Seller’s sole discretion. Any authorized return will be subject to payment of a restocking charge and will be allowed only if the subject Product: (i) is in new condition, suitable for resale, and (ii) has not been used, installed, modified, altered or damaged. The restocking charge for authorized returns will be no less than (x) 25% of the purchase price, net of any freight charges included in the purchase price, plus (y) 100% of freight costs incurred by Seller. Buyer is responsible for the payment or reimbursement of return freight charges. Returns will be shipped F.O.B. Seller’s location. Seller may, but will not be obligated to, treat any cancellation of an accepted order as an authorized return.
- Force Majeure. Seller will have no liability for any breach caused by extreme weather or other act of God, strike or other labor shortage or disturbance, fire, accident, war or civil disturbance, delay of carriers, failure of normal sources of supply, act of government, or any other cause beyond Seller's reasonable control.
- Warranty. Seller warrants for a period of 12 months from the date of start-up of the Products, or 18 months from the date of shipment of the Products, whichever is earlier (the “Basic Warranty Period”), that the Products and the components thereof will be free from defects in material and workmanship (the “Basic Warranty”). If the claimed defect is verified by Seller, then, as the sole and exclusive remedy of the Buyer or the end-user of the Products (the “Customer”) for breach of the Basic Warranty, Seller will, at Seller’s sole option (i) repair the defective Product or component free of charge, or (ii) replace the defective Product or component free of charge F.O.B. Buyer’s facility. The warranty on repaired or replaced Products or components is limited to the remainder of the Basic Warranty Period.
- Limited Warranty. Where AV is a distributor, not the manufacturer, we do not separately warranty any goods. Rather, AV assigns to Buyer the warranties of the applicable manufacturer for the goods purchased. If Buyer believes any goods do not comply with such warranty, Buyer shall, within the warranty period, report the purported defect to AV and the manufacturer, cooperate fully with AV and the manufacturer in determining the conditions and cause of any purported defect and, thereby, obtain a returned goods authorization from AV. If AV determines the alleged defect occurred as a result of misuse, neglect, improper installation, repair, alteration, application or accident, unusual physical or electrical stress or improper handling procedure, any warranty shall be void and ineffective.
- Warranty Attachment. The warranties in this Section 9 are subject to the provisions, and to compliance with the warranty claim procedure, set forth on the Warranty Attachment hereto, which is incorporated herein by this reference.
- SOLE WARRANTY. THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION 9 ARE SELLER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SELLER’S WARRANTIES ARE SUBJECT TO SECTION 10 BELOW. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE TO THE CONTRARY, SELLER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, AND SELLER’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING AT ANY TIME FROM THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE ALLOCATION OF THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS KNOWINGLY LIMITING THE REMEDIES THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE AVAILABLE TO BUYER. BECAUSE THIS AGREEMENT AND THE PRICE PAID REFLECT SUCH ALLOCATION, THE REMEDIES PROVIDED TO BUYER HEREUNDER WILL NOT HAVE FAILED OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE EVEN IF THEY OPERATE TO BAR RECOVERY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES THAT BUYER MAY INCUR.
- Remedies of Seller. Any of the following will constitute an event of default which will enable Seller, at its option and without liability to Buyer, to cancel any unexecuted portion of the order that is the subject of this Agreement and to exercise any other right or remedy expressed herein or otherwise available at law or in equity: (i) the failure of Buyer to make any payment required hereunder when due (“Payment Default”) or to perform any other term or condition contained herein; (ii) the insolvency of Buyer or its failure to pay its debts as they mature, an assignment by Buyer for the benefit of its creditors, the appointment of a receiver for Buyer or for the materials covered by this Agreement, or the filing of any petition to adjudicate Buyer bankrupt; (iii) a failure by Buyer to provide adequate assurance of performance within ten days after a justified demand by Seller; or (iv) if Seller, in good faith, believes that Buyer's prospect of performance under this Agreement is impaired. Seller’s obligations under Section 9 hereof will be suspended during the pendency of any Payment Default. No such suspension will extend Seller’s obligations under Section 9 beyond the period provided therein. Seller’s election of any remedy in the event of a default by Buyer will not preclude Seller from exercising any other remedy available to Seller hereunder or at law or in equity for the same or any other default. In the event it becomes necessary to incur any expense for collection of any overdue account, Seller’s collection charges, including attorneys’ fees and expenses, will be added to the balance due and Buyer will pay all such charges together with interest thereon from the date incurred in accordance with Section 3.
- Equal Employment Opportunity. Seller is an equal opportunity employer. The parties shall, as applicable, abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A) (relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws), and these laws are incorporated herein by reference.
- Export Compliance. Buyer acknowledges that Seller is required to comply with applicable export laws and regulations relating to the sale, exportation, transfer, assignment, disposal, and usage of the Products provided under the Agreement, including any export license requirements. Buyer agrees that such Products shall not at any time directly or indirectly be used, exported, sold, transferred, assigned, or otherwise disposed of in a manner which will result in noncompliance with such export laws and regulations. It shall be a condition of the continuing performance by Seller of its obligations hereunder that compliance with such export laws and regulations be maintained at all times. BUYER WILL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD SELLER HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL COSTS, LIABILITIES, PENALTIES, SANCTIONS AND FINES RELATED TO NON-COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE EXPORT LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- Miscellaneous. No part of this Agreement may be changed or cancelled except by a written document signed by Seller and Buyer. As used in this Agreement, “including” and its variants mean “including without limitation” and its variants. No course of dealing or performance, usage of trade, or failure to enforce any term will be used to modify the Agreement. Buyer acknowledges that it has not relied upon any letters of intent, agreements, promises, negotiations, statements or representations other than those expressly set forth in this Agreement and that no such extraneous document or other communication shall be of any force or effect. Buyer agrees and warrants that in entering into this Agreement, Buyer is relying solely upon the information contained in this Agreement and not in reliance upon any other information. If any of these terms is unenforceable, such term will be limited only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and all other terms will remain in full force and effect. Buyer may not assign this Agreement without Seller’s prior written consent. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is excluded. Any bond issued by Seller in connection with the sale of the Products shall remain in effect for a maximum of two (2) years after acceptance of the Products, and the only warranty, guaranty or Product performance obligations covered thereby shall be those at Section 9 above. All Product performance obligations of Seller are contingent on the condition of the influent and raw materials being as specified by Seller and will be considered satisfied and discharged upon successful completion of the initial Product performance testing. EACH OF THE PARTIES IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY WAIVES ITS RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LEGAL PROCEEDING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
Rev. 2, 04/01/2018